Our 2018 by Kevin Ferriby
As another year draws to a close, many of us reflect on what has happened since 1st January. Doing just that has reminded me what a fantastic year it has been at Informed Financial Planning.
We opened 2018 having settled into our lovely new office, which many of you have visited (for those who haven’t, please look at the virtual tour on our website). Having such a nice environment to work in and to welcome our clients is a real privilege.
The decision was taken earlier in the year to completely change our practice management system. The reasoning behind this was twofold:
1. To make us more efficient as a business.
2. More importantly, to improve further the service we offer our clients.
2018 has seen us recognised for a number of awards:
• For the fifth time we were listed on the UK Top 100 by New Model Adviser.
• For the third consecutive year we were named as Best Financial Advisers to work for.
• We were announced as North East Adviser Firm of the Year by Profession Adviser. This was our fifth consecutive year as a finalist and the fourth time we have won the award.
• When we thought things couldn’t get better, Money Marketing named us as the Top Adviser firm in the UK!
Like a lot of businesses, we value our people very highly and there are several things worthy of mention:
• Josh Richardson qualified as a Chartered Financial Planner and was recently named in the Top 35 Next Generation Advisers. He has also recently been shortlisted for Rising Star of the Year in the Yorkshire Financial Awards.
• Tom Foston (Marketing Assistant) joined us as an apprentice late last year. In May of this year, his outstanding efforts were rewarded with a permanent contract mid-way through his apprenticeship. He also introduced us to his brother, James, who this year joined us as a Paraplanner. We are predicting bright futures for both of them.
• Jessica Crawford (was McMahon before marrying our colleague Gregg Crawford in August) was our very first apprentice and her remarkable progress continued when she was promoted to Business Development Manager.
• Elaine Fyfe, who many of you are familiar with, completed ten years with us in an administration capacity.
• Charlene Coulbeck started the year as a Paraplanner and ends it as an adviser following a well-deserved promotion. She was also named as the Outstanding Young Achiever by the Chartered Insurance Institute of Hull.
• Sarah Williams (Company Accountant) not only completed a First Class Honours Degree, but did it with a prize-winning submission. She has also taken on more management responsibilities in addition to her finance role.
However, the most important thing that has happened during the year is that our clients have continued to entrust us with their financial planning needs. As well as taking care of our existing clients, we have attracted new clients in record numbers and hope this continues in 2019!